On this day, 3 July 1967, the very first Krugerrand was minted by The South African mint.
In the 50 years since it was first struck, the Krugerrand has established itself as the most widely held and actively traded bullion coin in the world, with approximately 60 million sold.
Now, to celebrate the Krugerrand’s 50th birthday, The South African Mint has released the most important Krugerrand ever issued.
Changing the reverse design for the first time, the 1 ounce Gold coin features a one-year-only ‘50’ privy mark, setting it apart from all other Krugerrands before it.
100,000 were issued, but they SOLD OUT at the Mint within weeks.
WIN the 50th Anniversary Gold Krugerrand
We have one of these landmark Gold Krugerrands available that are currently selling on specialist coin sites for £1,500. We’re giving it away for nothing. Here’s how you can WIN it…
Simply enter your details below and we will draw one lucky winner out of the hat on 31 July 2017. It’s that easy – so good luck and fingers crossed.
Terms & Conditions
- No purchase is necessary to enter.
- The draw will take place on 31 July and the winner will be notified on that day by email to the email address provided.
- The winner will receive the 2017 One-ounce Gold Krugerrand. There is no cash alternative.
- Participants agree to meet reasonable requests to assist publicity if required.
- The prize draw is promoted by Coin Portfolio Management, trading division of 288 Group Ltd.
- Employees of 288 Group and their families are not eligible to enter.
If you’re interested…
Coin Portfolio Management has imported a limited number of the FIRST EVER Silver Krugerrands.
Issued to mark the Krugerrand’s 50th anniversary and struck from fine Silver, the coin features a one-year-only special “50” privy mark.
Available for just £45, click here to secure one for your Portfolio before it’s too late